Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why it's so hard to get out the door with a baby

This evening after Baby K got up from a long nap (I napped too!), I decided to venture out of the house to buy some new shoes. I fed her, burped her, changed her diaper and just as I was putting her into the infant seat, she spit up. The kind where her shirt needed to be changed. I brought her back to her changing table, changed her shirt and just as I was putting her back in the seat she spit up AGAIN. Seriously? So back to the changing table and another costume change and finally we get into the car seat, grab the diaper bag and lug both (that car seat is damn heavy) out to the car.

Seriously, if I didn't need new sneakers so that I can get my huge behind back into shape I would have given up after spit up episode 1. But alas, I did need new sneakers and I do need to get rid of my large post baby behind. Plus the hubs is out of town and I needed to get out of the house and interact with another adult - even for a few moments. Good times, good times!

1 comment:

  1. I have a baby covered in spit up at ALL TIMES because I'm lazy and don't change him. Awesome I know. I'm slowly getting better at getting out of the house in less than an hour though!

    ReplyDelete