Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Clearing My Mind

  • Lately, I'm feeling like a bit of a mommy failure. Not sure why this job seems so hard at times. Is it because of how much we love our little ones? Either way, I am having a hard time keeping up with all the things I need/want to get done and it makes me feel like I'm failing. Other mommies make it all seem so easy.
  • Baby K started eating some solid foods this week and it's so much fun watching her have her first taste of peas, banana, and apple. She seems to really like the rice cereal.
  • I bought my Beaba Babycook this past weekend and I've been making all kinds of purees and freezing them in the nifty freeze trays Beaba makes. I also bought this cookbook and I'm so excited to make her some of the fun recipes. Both are an A++++.
  • I'm still breastfeeding and fast approaching my 6 month goal. I'm not ready to stop though. Maybe at 9 months I'll start a slow weaning process. I've got a pretty good supply socked away in the freezer, but probably not enough to get through three months. We'll see what happens after she has teeth. I may change my mind.
  • I need to get rid of this last 15lbs of baby weight. I miss my favorite jeans.
  • I've been working out at 9pm each night, then at 10 I pump my milk for Baby K's 11pm dreamfeed. The dreamfeed is working really well. She's sleeping much better at night and I think using the bottle for the feeding is the key. Then I know that she's gotten a full feeding and I don't have that OMG I'm starving her mommy guilt at 4am when she wakes up and I just give her her nuk back.
  • My new goal of showering, and putting on makeup during her first nap of the day is working really well. I feel so much better when I get dressed and put a little makeup on.
  • It's a beautiful day in Minneapolis today. I'm waiting for my girl to get up and then we're going to go for a walk around one of the many lakes in our fair city. Speaking of walks, I love my BOB stroller more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment